RWE is a leading German energy company with a strong focus on renewables, owning and operating 3.6 GW of wind, solar, and hydropower. The company plans to double the capacity of its clean energy portfolio in Europe, with 7.7 GW of assets under construction or in the development pipeline.
As of 2019, RWE’s renewables portfolio includes:
- 3.6 GW in operation
- 6.3 GW in development pipeline
- 1.4 GW under construction
- 770 MW seeking PPAs
The price of renewable energy is constantly changing as greater capacity is installed in a market, and subsidies come in or out of play. In order to validate its renewable sales strategy, RWE required clear and up-to-date insights into the current market pricing of clean energy.
- PexaQuote uses the most extensive data set for PPA pricing to model forward price curves across European markets.
- Users can request custom PPA pricing based on specific details of individual projects.
- The software allows users to request price quotes directly from utilities.
RWE receives daily pricing updates for different PPA structures and renewable energy sources from the software.
Roland Kok, Head of Global Services – PPA & Structured Origination at RWE Renewables:
“As the market shifts and reacts to wider economic trends, we want to keep our modelling as precise and up-to-date as possible. A key feature of PexaQuote for us is the dynamic reporting of renewable power pricing on the market, which allow us to validate the accuracy of our pricing models. This external perspective has been particularly valuable in helping us prevent biases in our modelling and keeping the business on the right track as we scale up development.”